Choose the right certificate - Basic vs Standard

The Growsafe Basic certificate is suitable for those using agrichemicals under supervision.  The Growsafe Standard certificate is for those with responsibility for managing or supervising spray operations or taking responsibility for a workplace.

If you want to renew your Approved Handler (now Certified Handler) certificate, then you need to complete Growsafe Standard certificate requirements first.  You can then go on to do the additional requirements for Certified Handler.  Note that you only need a Certified Handler certificate if you take responsibility for   products with hazard classes 6.1A or 6.1B


You should have completed a season's spraying under supervision before attending the Growsafe Standard course. It may also be useful to have attended the Growsafe Basic course.  If you do not meet these requirements, then talk with your trainer before enrolling in the course.